To view sample error letters, click a topic
- Correct your own error in a transaction
- Correct a customer's error or assertion
- Correct an error in a payment made or received
- Correct an official's mistake on your taxes
- Explain an error you have made
- Inform customers of a misprint
- Request correction of a billing error
- Request correction of an error in a check
- Request correction of an error in a credit report
- Request correction of an insurance company's error
Topics related to error letters
Sample Letters if You Made an Error
Apologize for a defective, damaged, or incomplete product Apologize for a missed deadline Apologize for a shipping delay or error Apologize for an invoice or billing error Apologize for betrayed trust Apologize for damaged property Apologize for hurt feelings Apologize for missing an appointment Apologize for missing an event or for overlooking or forgetting someone Apologize for missing or being late to a meeting or appointment Apologize for offensive behavior Apologize for poor or inadequate service Apologize for providing incorrect or incomplete information Apologize for sending a collection letter by mistake Apologize for someone else (business) Apologize for someone else (personal) Apologize to an employee or employees Write a business apology Write a personal apology
Sample Letters if Someone Else Made an Error
Complain about a billing error Complain about a faulty delivery or a shipping error Complain about an unfair insurance payment or settlement Complain about poor facilities or equipment Complain about poor service or a faulty product Complain about receiving damaged goods Confirm an error correction or revision Disagree about benefits (social security, retirement, insurance, etc.) Disagree with a bill, rent payment, or other financial issue Disagree with a subordinate, a superior, or a person in authority Inform a customer that the check you received was not signed or the payment was not in the envelope Write a disagreement letter
Related Letter-Writing Categories
Still can't find the right words for your error letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the error letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective error letter.
- Print your error letter and send it!