To view sample sympathy letters, click a topic
- Offer sympathy for the death of a child
- Offer sympathy for the death of a friend or relative
- Offer sympathy for the death of a person who has been ill
- Offer sympathy for the loss or death of a pet
- Offer sympathy for loss or damage caused by a theft, vandalism, or natural disaster
- Offer sympathy for the death of a business associate
- Offer sympathy for the death of a business associate's family member
- Offer sympathy for the loss of a job
- Offer sympathy for a marriage separation or divorce
- Offer sympathy in a case of serious or terminal illness
Topics related to sympathy letters
Business Sympathy Letters
Announce bad news to employees Announce the death of an employee or an employee's relative Encourage an employee after a disappointment or a company setback Express regret on the defeat of legislation or the loss of an election Inform employees of another's illness Write a get-well message regarding an employee's or business associate's family member who is suffering from illness or injury Write a get-well message to an employee or business associate suffering from illness or injury
Personal Sympathy Letters
Announce the death of a family member, or write the obituary Announce the death of a family member to other family members, close friends, and acquaintances Send a gift with a sympathy letter Thank someone for expressions of sympathy Write a get-well message to a child suffering from illness or injury Write a get-well message to a friend or relative suffering from an illness or injury
Related Letter-Writing Categories
How to Write a Get-Well Letter How to Write a Sympathy Letter How to Write the Perfect Sympathy Letter
Still can't find the right words for your sympathy letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the sympathy letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective sympathy letter.
- Print your sympathy letter and send it!