To view sample apology letters, click a topic
- Apologize for a defective, damaged, or incomplete product
- Apologize for a late payment
- Apologize for a missed deadline
- Apologize for a shipping delay or error
- Apologize for an invoice or billing error
- Apologize for betrayed trust
- Apologize for damaged property
- Apologize for hurt feelings
- Apologize for missing an appointment
- Apologize for missing an event or for overlooking or forgetting someone
- Apologize for missing or being late to a meeting or appointment
- Apologize for offensive behavior
- Apologize for poor or inadequate service
- Apologize for providing incorrect or incomplete information
- Apologize for sending a collection letter by mistake
- Apologize for someone else (business)
- Apologize for someone else (personal)
- Apologize to an employee or employees
- Write a business apology
- Write a personal apology
Topics related to apology letters
Announce a layoff Announce an office or store closing to employees Announce bad news to employees Cancel or decline to schedule an appointment Cancel or postpone an appointment Cancel or postpone an invitation Correct your own error in a transaction Deny an expected or hoped-for promotion or raise
Related Letter-Writing Categories
How to Apologize to a Friend How to Write an Apology Letter Writing an Apology Letter: What You Need to Know
Still can't find the right words for your apology letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the apology letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective apology letter.
- Print your apology letter and send it!