To view sample order letters, click a topic
- Cancel an order
- Change an order
- Complain about a delay in an order
- Demand satisfaction on a mail order transaction gone bad (suspected mail fraud)
- Make a reservation
- Notify a customer that a shipment has been delayed or that merchandise ordered is not available
- Notify a customer that you have shipped an order
- Notify a shipper that an order is incomplete, incorrect or damaged; also, return unwanted or incorrect merchandise
- Request a rush order
- Request additional money or information before you can fill an order
Sample Letters for Topics Related to Orders
- Acknowledge an order or subscription
- Announce a new product or service
- Confirm an order you have made
- Confirm receipt of an order from a customer
- Confirm the receipt of a package or other item(s)
- Confirm the sending of a package or other item(s)
- Decline orders but offer an alternate or substitute item
- Decline orders or requests for information
- Introduce a catalog, brochure, or other sales literature
- Introduce a product or service
- Request a discount or a complimentary product or service
- Request estimates or bids
- Request information on a product or service
- Respond to an inquiry about products or services
- Solicit mail orders for your product
- Thank a customer for a payment
- Transmit a payment
- Transmit a shipment of merchandise that a customer has purchased
- Welcome a new account or an account reactivation
Related Letter-Writing Categories
Acknowledgment Announcement Confirmation Introduction Refusal Request Response Sales Thank You Transmittal Welcome
Still can't find the right words for your order letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the order letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective order letter.
- Print your order letter and send it!