- Follow Up
- Get Well
- Job Offer
- Social Event
- Thank You
- All Topics
Sample Letter #1
On January 23 I had my 2002 Oldsmobile serviced in your Springfield Lubrication Center, and charged it to my Doe credit card. I have just received my credit card statement and notice that the charge appears twice on the same date. I remember the technician having problems with the computer, so I assume the double-billing was the result of some mistake at that time.
I am enclosing a copy of my bill. I believe the best way to correct the problem would be for you to credit my card account with the amount charged for the service. If you will handle this problem immediately, I think everything will be okay. Thank you.
Sample Letter #2
When I attended your clearance sale last month, I opened a credit account in order to receive the free gift. Earlier in the day I had made a cash purchase for $39.99. Somehow that purchase showed up as a charge on my credit card bill this month. I am not sure how such a mistake can happen, but I trust you will correct the error immediately by crediting my account with the $39.99.
Enclosed is a copy of the receipt showing that I made a cash purchase of the item that appears on the bill. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter--and thanks for the toaster.
Sample Letter #3
Your brochure advertised a "Romantic Weekend for two for only $355." When my credit card statement arrived, I discovered that the "Romantic Weekend" cost more than $2,000. I am sure there must be a mistake. The bill was posted to my account on May 5, and the reference number was 5555-5555. I have enclosed copies of the statement and the brochure. I trust you will make the necessary adjustments. Thank you for taking care of this as soon as possible.
- How to Write a Complaint Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Complaint Letter
- Write Complaint Letters That Get Results
Still can't find the right words for your complaint letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the complaint letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective complaint letter.
- Print your complaint letter and send it!