To view sample reference letters, click a topic
- Recommend a course of action or support a decision or policy change
- Recommend a service or product
- Recommend a teenager for a job (strong recommendation letter)
- Request information about an applicant
- Request that someone write a letter of recommendation in your behalf
- Thank someone for writing a reference or recommendation for you
- Write a recommendation or a reference about someone
- Write a weak recommendation for a job candidate
Topics related to reference letters
Advocate legislation Decline to write a letter of recommendation Endorse a political candidate Endorse or nominate a candidate for an award Thank someone for accepting your advice or recommendation Thank someone for a referral or recommendation Use a referral in a sales letter Write a credit reference
Related Letter-Writing Categories
Still can't find the right words for your reference letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the reference letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective reference letter.
- Print your reference letter and send it!