Sample Letter #1
Thank you for your phone call regarding your account. We sincerely apologize for our error in the letter we sent you. We do have a record of your June 1 payment, which cleared your account. We value you as a customer and appreciate your courtesy in this matter.
Sample Letter #2
We appreciate your calling our attention to our billing mistake and apologize for the inconvenience we no doubt caused you. You have been most patient in accommodating us. Your account balance is currently $43.67 and your next payment is due in July.
Sample Letter #3
Thank you for bringing the error on your account to our attention. We have corrected the error and apologize for any problem we may have caused. Enclosed is a new account statement reflecting the correct balance.
Sample Letter #4
Please accept our sincere apologies for the collection letter that we mailed to you by mistake. It must have come as quite a surprise, since your payments have always been on time. Your new statement should reflect your most recent payment and will show that the late charges have been removed from your account. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your continued business as one of our valued customers.
Sample Letter #5
Thank you for calling our attention to our billing error. It is never pleasant to receive a request for money you have already paid, and we do apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. You are perfectly correct; your account has been paid in full and our records now reflect this.
You are a valued customer and we look forward to serving you again.
- How to Write a Collection Letter
- How to Write the Appeal Collection Letter
- How to Write the Inquiry Collection Letter
- How to Write the Reminder Collection Letter
- How to Write the Ultimatum Collection Letter
Still can't find the right words for your collection letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the collection letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective collection letter.
- Print your collection letter and send it!