Sample Letter #1
We received your payment envelope mailed on June 14; however, the check was not enclosed, undoubtedly an oversight. Please examine your records and send a check for $150 to cover the June 1 payment. Let me also take this opportunity to thank you for your order. You are a valued customer.
Sample Letter #2
We received your payment for $43.12 and thank you for your business. Although the check arrived without difficulty, the amount was not written in the appropriate areas. We have enclosed the check for your review or disposal, and request that you either return it completed or submit another.
Sample Letter #3
Thank you for your prompt payment. Unfortunately, you forgot to sign your check. Your unsigned check is attached. Please sign it and return it with the payment slip provided in the envelope.
Sample Letter #4
We have received your May telephone bill payment; however, the check we received was made out to the gas company for a different amount. Perhaps you placed the checks in the wrong envelopes. We are returning the check, and request that you send another check for the correct amount promptly.
- How to Write a Collection Letter
- How to Write the Appeal Collection Letter
- How to Write the Inquiry Collection Letter
- How to Write the Reminder Collection Letter
- How to Write the Ultimatum Collection Letter
Still can't find the right words for your collection letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the collection letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective collection letter.
- Print your collection letter and send it!