Example Letter #1
We were all surprised to hear you had suddenly taken ill; you have always been so healthy. We understand that you are in good hands now, so we have confidence in your speedy recovery. Don't give work second thought. You have a lot of good friends who are taking up the slack. Your job now is to get well. Best wishes from all of us.
Example Letter #2
We were glad to hear the good news that you will have a full recovery. You have been on our minds and in our prayers these past few days. We look forward to your return, but please don't rush yourself. Your full recovery is the most important thing now. We have all the bases covered here, so just worry about getting better. There will be lots of time for shop talk.
Example Letter #3
Jane just told me about your accident and that you are in the hospital. I want you to know we think about you and are pulling for your rapid recovery. Yes, we need you on the sales floor, and we also need you as our friend. Everyone sends get-well greetings. Some of the group will be visiting you in the next few days, and some will bring a little light reading material. If you have special desires, just say the word. We want your hospital stay to be as short and pleasant as possible.
Example Letter #4
I am sad to hear of your illness. I want you to know that you are in my every prayer. I am sure everyone here at work feels the same. You are a valued friend and colleague. A number of people have already offered to help Jane with the many things that must be done at times like these. Rest well. She will have all the help she needs. Again, you are in my heart and prayers. Take care.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express your concern.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- We were very distressed to hear of the unfortunate accident you had while driving home from the airport.
- We were all greatly shocked by the news that you and Jane were involved in an automobile accident.
- Some people will go to any length to avoid work, but checking into the hospital is a little much, don't you think?
- The news of your illness saddened us all, and we hope this letter finds your health much improved.
- Everyone here at Doe Corporation joins me in wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery.
- We received encouraging news of your improvement yesterday and hope to hear of your complete recovery soon.
- I just learned of your recent admission to Springfield Hospital. On behalf of our entire staff, I want to let you know how very concerned we are for your well being.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- are very thankful that
- best wishes for
- concentrate on getting well
- don't worry about
- everyone joins me in wishing you
- for your complete and rapid recovery
- from your surgery
- glad your surgery went well
- hope it's not too serious
- hope this letter finds you much improved
- how very concerned we are
- just learned of your
- miss you very much
- not too seriously injured
- sorry to hear about
- such an unfortunate accident
- were saddened by the news of
- were distressed to hear about
- when you can receive visitors
- will go to any lengths to avoid work
- wishing you a speedy recovery
2 Reassure the reader of his or her value to you, both as a friend and colleague.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- We miss you but want you to take all the time necessary to recover fully.
- We have hired a temp to help out with routine work while you are gone. We miss you, but nothing is more important than your complete recovery.
- Considering the injuries you could have received as a result of such a serious accident, we believe that guardian angels must be watching over you. We all join in wishing you a full and speedy recovery.
- Bed rest must be pretty tough on an old workaholic like you, even with nurses at your beck and call.
- We are surviving without you, but just barely. Hurry back as soon as you are able--we need you!
- We are looking forward to your speedy return to work so keep us informed on your progress. But in the meantime, don't worry about a thing. Jane is filling in during your temporary absence.
- Sometimes our bodies heal more slowly than we would like, but with your positive attitude and energetic personality, I am sure you will be back with us in no time.
- Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you at this critical time. And try not to worry about the Doe project while you are away. It will still be here when you return.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- all join in wishing you
- are all missing you
- are surviving without you, but just barely
- don't give a thought to
- don't worry about a thing
- filling in during your absence
- have expressed concern for you
- is covering for you
- look forward to having you back
- look forward to your return
- miss your sense of humor
- most important thing is
- our thoughts and prayers are with you
- soon regain your health and strength
- sure you will be back with us soon
- take all the time you need to
- try not to worry about
- want you to know that
- while you are away
- with your positive attitude
- your speedy return to work
3 Offer your support and best wishes.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- Take it easy and enjoy the rest while you can. We look forward to your speedy return.
- If there is anything we can do to ease your mind while you are away from the office, please don't hesitate to call.
- Here are a few issues of Doe Weekly that you might enjoy. We hope to see you back soon.
- Before you know it, you will be back inspiring the troops with your creative genius.
- If there's anything we can do to help speed up your recovery, just give us a call.
- We all send our regards and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- all send their regards and best wishes
- are all so thankful that
- are keeping you in mind
- before you know it
- concentrate on getting well
- employees join me in wishing you
- for a full and speedy recovery
- get well ASAP
- get well soon
- hope your recovery is steady
- hope you are doing much better
- if there's anything we can do
- just give us a call
- look forward to your return
- our best wishes for
- situation is well in hand
- soon be back on your feet again
- take it easy while you can
- take care of yourself
- to help speed up your recovery
- whenever you are ready
- while you are away from the office
- will cover for you until