Thank Someone For Accepting Your Advice or Recommendation • Example Letters, Guides and Samples
This brief letter is a follow-up to earlier discussions or correspondence. It should convey a tone of appreciation without any hint of condescension or feelings of superiority. Emphasize the reader's strengths, rather than the value of your advice.
How to write this thank-you letter:
- Express your appreciation to the reader for following your advice or recommendation.
- Reinforce the benefits the reader will gain through this action.
- Close with a word of reassurance.
Example Letter #1
Thank you for the letter informing me of your decision to choose (Name of Service/ Product) to fulfill our current need. I am very pleased that my research and advice on the range of (services/products) available provided helpful insight and stimulated a constructive discussion that led to a mutual agreement. I am confident that your choice will lead to the desired results.
If I can be of any assistance in inquiries or discussions about how to meet additional needs or goals, please don't hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to further contribute to the continued growth and success of the company in any way I can.
Example Letter #2
Thanks for taking my advice so seriously. Those who learn from others' experience are usually a step ahead of the rest. Purchasing a home within your means now is a wise move. I'm sure you've done the right thing. You're young and will have time to purchase a larger home later. It's important to build equity now. It looks like you have a great future.
Example Letter #3
I am pleased that you have taken my advice to begin saving through payroll deduction. If you place at least three percent of your gross salary each month into a tax sheltered annuity, the company will contribute another three percent. If you continue your savings and increase them gradually, you will have a very nice retirement income after 30 years. Saving this way was the best advice I received when I joined Doe Corporation, and I am always eager to pass it on to new employees. Best wishes for a happy, prosperous career.
Example Letter #4
I was very pleased when I learned you had decided to go ahead with my recommendation to decrease the workweek to four nine-hour days. While it is true that this plan will not succeed in some industries, ours seems to be one where the potential benefits merit this bold experiment. I hope the new workweek is as good to you as it has been to me.
Example Letter #5
Thank you for implementing my suggestion regarding air quality management in our shop. Ever since the new filtration system was installed I have felt healthier, and our productivity has risen just over 10 percent. It is a pleasure to work in an environment where employee suggestions are taken seriously.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express your appreciation to the reader for following your advice or recommendation.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- I was glad to learn that you are implementing the procedures we talked about last week.
- Thank you for making the changes I recommended during my last visit.
- Thank you for taking the advice of our team of reviewers.
- I think you were very wise in following the directors' recommendation that you not pursue the Springfield proposal at this time.
- I am glad that you decided to speak with the president before taking any legal action.
- I was pleased to hear that my suggestions turned out so well for you.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- am very pleased to
- am glad you decided to
- are incorporating some of the suggestions
- following the recommendations
- for acting on the suggestions
- for making the recommended changes
- for incorporating the ideas we discussed
- for taking our comments seriously
- is good to know that
- making the changes I recommended
- thank you for
- that you are incorporating
- that you could use our recommendations
- think you were wise in following
- to go ahead with
- to see you implement
- to hear that you
- turned out so well
- was glad to find out
- was excited to hear
- was pleased to find out
2 Reinforce the benefits the reader will gain through this action.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- I am sure that you will experience the same boost in efficiency that we have experienced in other offices that followed these procedures.
- I am eager to hear how the rest of the team is responding to this new arrangement.
- Sometimes it's best to let the need for a change become evident, rather than pushing for it too early.
- I am confident that you will find him to be amenable to compromise, thereby avoiding the need for legal action.
- Now that the die is cast, you will start to reap the benefits of this merger.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- am confident that you will find
- can already see an improvement
- combined with your terrific
- eager to hear how the other staff members are
- having a positive impact on
- help us to overcome
- improved team attitude
- improves the quality of
- keep us on the cutting edge
- may have already noticed
- now that the die is cast
- now that everything has been decided
- others are responding to
- problems that have plagued
- recognizing a difference
- relatively few obstacles to
- will help us to
- will help us to avoid
- will make a significant difference to
- will experience similar results
- will start to reap the benefits
3 Close with a word of reassurance.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- It's good to work with you.
- I hope this works out as well for you as it did for us.
- You're doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
- I believe you will find satisfaction in this course of action.
- I look forward to your continued success.
- It is pleasure to work with someone who knows where she is going, but still recognizes the need for the input of others.
- I'm sure we'll all be pleased with the end results.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- a pleasure to work with
- always have my support
- am confident that you
- appreciate your willingness to
- believe you will find
- doing a great job
- enjoy working with you
- good to work with you
- have my vote of confidence
- know that you will be able to
- look forward to
- pledge my support
- to working with you again
- to your continuing success
- value your friendship
- will all be pleased with
- will work out well
- will do well in whatever
- with renewed enthusiasm
- worthy of the accolades
- your commitment to