Transmit an Advertising Copy to a Magazine or Other Media • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
The major function of this letter is to assure that the advertising copy is routed properly.
How to write this transmittal letter:
- Identify what you have sent and the purpose of the material.
- Discuss contract arrangements or other matters.
- Explain how the reader can get further information.
Example Letter #1
I have sent you a copy of the contract and a copy of the ad to run in the March 15 edition of Doe Antics. Please sign the contract and return it as soon as possible. As we discussed on the phone, the contract contains the customary terms found in our prior contracts. If anything appears out of order, please call John Doe.
Example Letter #2
I have enclosed a copy of a poster I would like to hang on the County Job Service bulletin board. If the poster meets the required standards for advertising on county property, please confirm its placement with a brief note to my address. If you need additional information about the poster or its contents, please contact me immediately at 555-5555.
Example Letter #3
Enclosed is the first draft of the copy for the Doe Hazardous Waste Disposal ad. I've also attached a copy of our contract with Doe, holding us harmless for any and all misrepresentations of fact. Please read the ad copy in light of the contract and call me with any problems you see.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Identify what you have sent and the purpose of the material.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Enclosed is camera-ready copy for the July issue of the magazine
- I have attached a signed contract and the art for an advertisement to be run in the next issue of the magazine
- Will you please run the enclosed material in the May issue of the paper.
- Enclosed is the video tape of an advertisement to be run on Channel 5, according to the schedule worked out with John Doe.
- Enclosed is an audio tape of an advertisement to be aired on your radio station, according to the schedule you arranged for me.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- according to the prearranged schedule
- advertisement to be run
- as John Doe requested
- audio tape of an advertisement
- camera-ready material
- copy that you requested
- copy for the February issue
- documentary purposes only
- for promotion purposes
- here is a copy
- interview with some
- made for the purpose of
- please review the attached
- run in the next issue
- schedule you arranged for me
- submitted for your review
- to be aired on your radio station
- video tape to be considered
2 Discuss contract arrangements or other matters.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- A signed contract is also attached.
- A check is enclosed for $568.90, the full amount of the three-issue run of the advertisement.
- Please bill my account.
- I have also enclosed my signed copy of the contract prepared by your account executive, Jane Doe.
- This work is to be billed according to the specifications of my year-long contract.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- according to the specifications
- bill the company's account
- charge to account #
- complete amount for
- contract prepared by
- details of the contract
- discuss contract arrangements
- enclosed my signed copy of
- enclosed is a check
- extend the deadline
- full amount due
- payment specifications
- payment due by next week
- prearranged agreement
- renew the contract
- send the bill to
- signed copy of the contract
- year-long contract
3 Explain how the reader can get further information.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- If you have any questions or problems, please contact me or Jane Doe in the advertising department of Doe Corporation.
- I believe everything is in order, but if you see problems, please call.
- We are concerned about the fidelity of the colors, so we would like you to be aware of some potential problems in that regard.
- The advertising copy may be a little controversial, so please let me know if this is going to be a problem for you.
- My advertising director is available to answer any questions. Please contact Jane Doe at 555-5555.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- any problems or questions
- be aware of possible
- call me and we will
- contact me when
- difficulties in processing
- everything is in order
- firm up details
- handle the situation
- have some concerns regarding
- if you have any questions
- if you need to make changes
- in the event that
- my FAX number is
- need frequent communication for
- please let me know if
- questions or concerns
- should you have any problems
- suggest we stay in close contact
- telephone me any time