- Follow Up
- Get Well
- Job Offer
- Social Event
- Thank You
- All Topics
Sample Letter #1
The news of your decision to leave surprised us all. We will miss you, but realize that exciting opportunities and challenges await you. It has been an honor to be your colleague for the past five years. We have all benefited from your wit and wisdom and wish you every success on your career path.
Sample Letter #2
I had mixed feelings when I learned of your new assignment. I guess the old saying that "all good things must come to an end" is true. Although we will miss you, we have to admit that management has made a wise choice in placing you where they can benefit most from your talents. We will long remember the hard work and happy moments we have shared. You have been a great team member. Best wishes and keep up the good work.
Sample Letter #3
Congratulations on your fantastic new job! Jane gave me the scoop at lunch. By hiring you, Doe Corporation is making an excellent human resource investment. But I will miss you. You are a terrific friend and colleague. Work will not be the same without you answering extension 555. Hey, are there any openings at your new company? Keep me posted.
Sample Letter #4
Thank you for your letter of April 5. I want you to know that we are very excited about your success and know that you have worked hard to earn it. At your request, I will no longer hold your position open here at Doe Corporation. However, I would like nothing better than to have you return to Springfield to work with us in completing our product. Please keep us informed of your progress.
On a personal level, I have very much enjoyed getting to know you. Your excellent mind, fine work ethic, and your integrity will serve you well throughout your life.
- How to Write a Farewell Letter
- How to Write a Goodbye Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Farewell Letter
Still can't find the right words for your farewell letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the farewell letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective farewell letter.
- Print your farewell letter and send it!