- Follow Up
- Get Well
- Job Offer
- Social Event
- Thank You
- All Topics
Sample Letter #1
I am writing to express my appreciation for your business over the past ten years and to voice my concern over your overdue account. Our original agreement was for a payment of $450 on the first of each month. You have apparently had difficulty making that payment, so we are wondering whether a new payment schedule may be in order. Please call for an appointment to discuss other options.
Sample Letter #2
Thank you for you patronage. Judging from your inconsistent payment pattern, it seems you are having difficulty making your payments. Perhaps an alternate payment schedule would help you make your payments on time. Please contact me by June 10, to discuss your situation. I may be able to offer a solution to help you resolve your apparent problem.
Sample Letter #3
Your company has been a valuable customer over the years. Our business has grown with yours. I am concerned about your recent difficulty in making current and adequate payments on your account. I realize that every business experiences hard times and want to offer you payment arrangements more consistent with your ability to pay. Please give me a call and we can work out a plan agreeable to both of us. I look forward to working with you.
Sample Letter #4
We have always appreciated the way you have kept your account with us current over the years, always making your payments on time. Unfortunately, that changed a few months ago, and at this point there is a substantial amount- over $7,000- past due. Is there anything we can do to help?
Companies do sometimes experience cash flow problems, and if you find yourself in this situation right now, we will be happy to help you work out an alternate payment schedule. One of our representatives will call you early next week to set up an appointment, or if you prefer, you may call us at 555-5555.
- How to Write a Collection Letter
- How to Write the Appeal Collection Letter
- How to Write the Inquiry Collection Letter
- How to Write the Reminder Collection Letter
- How to Write the Ultimatum Collection Letter
Still can't find the right words for your collection letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the collection letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective collection letter.
- Print your collection letter and send it!