Example Letter #1
I want to express my gratitude for the pay raise that was included in last week's check. I realize that the usual waiting period for a pay increase has not yet passed, and so I especially appreciate this indication of your approval. It is easy to see why there is so little employee turnover in this firm, and I feel very fortunate to be able to work here. This unexpected recognition of my efforts gives me a sense of security and confidence. I will redouble my efforts in serving the firm to the best of my abilities. I will enjoy doing so as I find great satisfaction in working with the public and I really like my job. Thank you so much for noticing my efforts and for giving me this monetary "pat on the back."
Example Letter #2
I was pleasantly surprised to see the pay raise you gave me. It came at a much needed time. Thank you.
I sincerely appreciate working in such a positive environment. I often find I can't wait to get to work in the morning, and my wife sometimes has to call to remind me that it's time to go home. I assure you I will do my best to merit the trust you've placed in me.
Example Letter #3
I looked at my pay stub this week and noticed I had received a raise. What a pleasant surprise! Thank you! It is not often that recognition comes unannounced like this, but I understand the value of subtlety in this work environment. The last year has been a wonderful experience for me. I have learned so much working here. I hope that my work continues to reflect my commitment to excel here.
Example Letter #4
On my return from Springfield I found your award letter awaiting me. To be awarded the Civic Pride Award is really a tremendous honor. When my father won the Award in 1962, I vowed I would do my best to follow in his footsteps in Centerville's business community. A review of the list of past winners, with their excellent track records of community service and honest dealings, reveals the significance of this award. Today I am more committed than ever to the community that has brought me so much joy and success.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express your gratitude for the award, bonus, or raise.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- I want to thank you for the bonus I received after the last quarter. It was a most welcome surprise at a very important time.
- I had no idea you were considering me for this award, so it comes as a complete surprise. I can only express my sincere thanks.
- Thank you very much for selecting me to receive the John Doe award at our January meeting. This is clearly one of the most significant events of my professional career.
- Thank you for the raise I received in my last check. I sincerely appreciate the attention that management gives to our work.
- I was surprised and delighted to receive the bonus that came with your Christmas greeting. My deepest thanks for your generosity.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a memorable day in my life
- am honored to receive the
- am grateful for the
- an award I will always treasure
- as one who is relatively new to
- came at a very important time
- for the raise
- for selecting me to
- have attempted to fulfill my obligations
- how much I appreciate
- one of the most significant events
- please accept my thanks for
- such a distinction
- thank you very much for
- that this award should be
- to accept this honor
- to the best of my abilities
- want you to know
- want to sincerely thank the
- was very pleased to receive
- was surprised and delighted
- was a welcome surprise
- will cherish this award
- will remember with gratitude
- would like to thank
- your generosity and support
2 Praise the person or organization for giving this recognition.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Your concern for the welfare of the employees is well known, and we consider ourselves fortunate to have you as our president.
- This recognition is another example of the great support that you have given us throughout the past. We are very fortunate to be affiliated with Doe International.
- I will remember this recognition as long as I live. I appreciate all you have done to help me in my professional growth. You have served as a great role model.
- I know of few organizations that care so much about their employees' welfare and growth. It is a pleasure to be associated with you.
- I would also like to thank you for providing me with a clean work environment that lends itself to creativity and productivity. Not everyone is so fortunate.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- a work environment that lends itself to
- another example of the great support
- appreciate all you have done
- because of your assistance
- cares about the welfare of
- company has always wholeheartedly
- concern for the employees
- consider myself fortunate
- feel fortunate to
- for providing me with
- fortunate to be affiliated with
- great honor to be affiliated with
- has been influential in
- have helped my professional growth
- is a pleasure to be
- know I am fortunate
- not everyone is so fortunate
- part of a winning team
- proud to be a part of
- to be associated with
- to be working in an environment where
- understands the importance of
- working under able leadership
3 Close with a statement that reflects modesty, appreciation, and commitment, but avoid false modesty.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- I will do my best to merit this recognition.
- Thank you. I will do my best to represent the company in a positive way.
- I know I still have much to learn, but with continued support and encouragement from people like you I know I can accomplish a great deal.
- The season looks promising, and I plan to make the most of the upcoming opportunities.
- I plan to do all I can to preserve our positive working environment and do my part in helping the company prosper.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- appreciate your thoughtfulness
- as a member of the team
- contribute to company growth
- couldn't ask for more effective mentors
- do my part in helping
- encourages me to work even harder
- for another successful year at
- have served as my role models
- just part of a team effort
- makes me proud to be a part of the team
- my best wishes for
- still have much to learn
- strengthen my desire to
- such a great and unexpected honor
- take on more challenges
- thanks for your encouragement
- thrilled that you selected me
- to merit this recognition
- to deserve this award
- to represent the company
- will try to create opportunities
- will do all I can to
- with support from people like you