Example Letter #1
What would you pay for peace of mind? As your family's main financial support, you are naturally concerned about their future should anything happen to you. Doe Insurance offers the coverage you need to provide your family with security in the event that you are unable to.
Our enclosed brochure outlines a sampling of the benefits available through our family plan. Please fill out the enclosed information card, and one of our agents will be happy to explain what you may be missing. Of course, there is no obligation, but knowledge can bring peace of mind. We would be happy to help you.
Example Letter #2
You've just married. A baby is on the way. People depend on you. What if you were not there when they needed you? Fortunately, life insurance can provide the income they would need. I've enclosed an insurance ledger illustrating the very low cost of protecting your family. I would like an opportunity to sit down with you to review your situation. I'll give you a call in the next day or two to set up a time when we can do that. I look forward to meeting you.
Example Letter #3
Welcome to your new home. Finding a trusted physician, dry cleaner, or mechanic can be a difficult task when moving. Finding the right personal insurance consultant can be even harder--that's why we are here to help.
Doe Insurance Corporation is one of Kansas's largest and most trusted insurance companies. Because we have been serving Kansas customers for more than 50 years, we can offer you coverage and services that fit your individual needs.
As a complimentary service, we would like to offer you, at no obligation, a thorough personal insurance review which analyzes all of your potential needs and reviews your existing program. To benefit from this service, please call us at 555-5555.
Congratulations on your move. We look forward to hearing from you.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Immediately draw your reader's attention by pointing out the reasons why he or she needs insurance coverage.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Did you know that over 25 automobile accidents occur every day in the Springfield area alone? And did you know that one out of ten victims in those accidents must pay for their own misfortune? Would you rather pay for damages to your car and medical costs out of your own pocket, or would you rather have an insurance company pay those costs?
- Most of us do not like to discuss death, but it is a reality that we must come to terms with. Have you taken care of your family's needs if you should die? Who will pay your house payment and who will put your children through college?
- Have you reviewed your current debts in relation to your life insurance coverage? Is it possible that, even though you have a policy, you could leave your spouse in debt?
- In this day of increasing crime, can you afford not to insure your home and possessions against vandalism and theft?
- If you think you cannot afford a health insurance policy that includes major medical coverage, think again.
- If you were to experience a major financial setback, how would you keep up with your mounting bills?
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- against theft and vandalism
- are all at risk of
- before the emergency happens
- can you afford not to
- college and living expenses
- did you know that
- do you have adequate coverage for
- does your policy include
- from time to time we need to review our
- how would you support your
- insure ourselves against
- life has a habit of
- need to come to terms with
- now is the time to think about
- our responsibilities toward
- out-of-pocket expenses
- take care of your
- what price is peace of mind
- what will your family do if
- when the unthinkable happens
- when last did you examine your
- when health problems arise
- would prefer not to discuss
2 Describe enclosed information about the type of insurance coverage you offer or persuade the reader to increase his or her insurance coverage.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Doe Insurance is here to help take care of those unexpected misfortunes. Enclosed is a brochure to help you better understand our services.
- The Doe Corporation invites you to enroll in a new insurance plan to help guard you against this type of misfortune. In case of a financial emergency, we will consolidate your credit card debts and defer payment for six to twelve months while you get back on your feet. Enrollment is easy. Just sign the enclosed application and send it in with your next bill.
- Life may be a gamble, but you don't have to leave your family's future up to chance. Please let us help you update your policy.
- Doe Insurance offers all the coverage you need at a competitive price. Everyone needs insurance, but why pay more than you must?
- We don't want you to become one of the thousands who were caught unprepared. Please read the enclosed information on the types of policies we offer to homeowners like you.
- If you want affordable major medical insurance, Doe Insurance is here to serve you. Enclosed you will find a brochure that outlines our rates and policies. Please look over them carefully--they may save your life.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- a comprehensive insurance plan
- a plan tailor-made for you
- all the coverage you need
- can offer you several options
- don't be caught unprepared
- have created a new plan for
- in times of crisis
- include discounts for
- invite you to enroll in
- know that every person's situation is different
- our well-trained representatives
- our competitive pricing
- outlines our rates and policies
- shouldn't have to worry about
- the enclosed brochure explains
- through those unexpected misfortunes
- will be amazed at how
- will help you take care of
- will pay your minimum payment
- will be here for you
- will be happy to assist you
- without any obligation
3 Express interest in serving your prospective customer and encourage a response.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- We are here to serve you.
- Doe Insurance has been serving the people of Springfield for twenty years, and we are eager to add your name to our list of satisfied customers.
- To help us prepare a policy that is just right for you, please fill out the enclosed form and mail it back to us in the postage paid, self-addressed envelope provided. We will be happy to give you a free evaluation.
- I am always ready to serve your insurance needs.
- Please call me if I can assist you.
- If you have any questions that the brochure does not answer, do not hesitate to call me at 555-5555.
- We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- a few simple health questions
- a helping hand you can count on
- am always ready to
- are here to serve you
- are eager to assist you
- for more information, please
- have been serving the folks of Springfield for
- if you have any questions
- just fill out the form
- look forward to
- of satisfied clients
- the company that cares
- to hearing from you
- to serving you
- to add you to our growing number of
- to visit you in your home
- to assist you with any insurance-related
- to meet with you
- to give you a free evaluation
- will be under no obligation
- will be happy to