Example Letter #1
It was our pleasure to see you again at our Doe dealership on March 15. We know you recognize quality at a good price when you see it, and we want to help you get that new van! Our salesman, John Doe, contacted you March 20 to inform you that your credit looked good. He said you would contact us with a decision, and we are still eager to hear from you.
Since we have a long-standing professional relationship with you, we are in a position to offer you a special lease on a light green luxury van with leather interior. With the trade-in value of your present van, you can lease this van for $329 a month, $40 less than our new customer rate. However, our regional manager will let us extend this offer for only one more week. Please call us or come in to the dealership as soon as possible.
Example Letter #2
Last month I sent you our catalog and gave you the opportunity to order merchandise at a drastically reduced price. This offer ends soon, and I haven't heard from you, so I can't help but think you have overlooked this unusual opportunity.
You have often mentioned how satisfied your customers have been with our merchandise, and I know how important it is for you to please them. Maybe this is the time for you to take a minute and browse through our catalog again.
In addition to offering a payment plan to fit your budget and a discount of 25%, we will take an extra 5% off if you order before the end of the quarter. But hurry! The quarter is over in just a few short weeks!
Example Letter #3
Now that you have had some time to picture yourself driving a new sports car from Doe Motors, what do you think? Our sales representative, Jane Doe, spoke to you about our new low-interest financing for the '97 Sportif. I wanted to give you every opportunity to accept this amazing offer before it runs out at the end of the month. You loved the '95 model, and we are pleased to hear that it has been virtually maintenance-free. If you buy now, Doe Motors will take $50 off the price of the stereo system. But don't forget, low-interest financing is only good for the next two weeks. Call now to reserve your 2019 Sportif and drive the car of the century.
Example Letter #4
A splendid sunset over the Mississippi viewed from the Terrace at the Doe Arts Center.
Sold-out, buzzing with anticipation, delighted to be seated in one of Missouri's finest halls, ready for a truly exceptional evening of entertainment.
Graced by an exceptional cast of artists, energized by a first-class audience of appreciative, knowledgeable patrons.
What's wrong with this picture?
There's an empty seat in our Doe Arts Center audience, and it belongs to you.
Your Doe Arts Center membership has expired, and it has not gone unnoticed.
Just as performers can feel a sense of diminished energy when playing before a less-than-full house, all of us here at the Doe Arts Center are worried that you may not be with us as a member in the season ahead.
That would be truly unfortunate--for us, because your membership makes the Doe Arts Center a more vital place, better able to fulfill our mission to deliver the finest performing arts in Missouri; and we daresay for you, too--because a Doe Arts Center membership keeps you connected to the most exciting and anticipated theatrical, musical, dance, and performance events in Missouri.
This will be your last chance to renew your Doe Arts Center membership for the next twelve months. All you need to do is return the enclosed Renewal Form. You'll continue to receive the Doe Arts Center News, and the other benefits that enable you to get the very most out of this important cultural resource. As a reminder, you'll find a complete description of all benefits in the enclosed brochure.
We truly hope to continue counting you among our valued members. It just isn't the same here without you. I hope you'll return the enclosed Renewal Form today.
Example Letter #5
We've missed you. You haven't ordered for a while.
We have a special reason for inviting you back. Come and see our exciting new line of stationery products. They've proven to be very popular across the country. Each month, we will announce an addition to the line so your stationery will always look new and fresh!
I am taking this opportunity to send you our new stationery catalog, along with my personal invitation to come and visit our store soon. I think you'll find the perfect design for you.
I'll be watching for you. It's been too long!
Example Letter #6
Some time ago you ordered products from us. We miss your business and would like to serve your needs again. That's why we're offering you a special 20% discount on your next order.
We understand how busy you are and that you don't have time to wade through your files. So we've included all the information you need for reordering. You may fax, call, or mail your order. Just let us know the item and the quantity you need. Reordering online is now just a click away at our Web site.
We are more than just office supplies!
Example Letter #7
Look Better. Feel Great. Have Fun.
Come back to Doe Total Fitness for just $99 and let us help you get the results you want, Guaranteed!
EXCLUSIVE REACTIVATION SAVINGS. PLEASE RESPOND BY DECEMBER 31.
You've been away for a while. And although your Doe Total Fitness membership expired, you're still a member of that group of people who recognize the value of their health and physical conditioning. With over 250 Doe locations from coast to coast, now is the best time to come back to Doe Total Fitness. See the changes we've made, and get the results you want.
Come back to Doe Total Fitness for under $100.
Right now you can come back to Doe Total Fitness for only $99 and enjoy all of your original membership benefits through December. So now you can get fit, have fun and save money, too. And, as a special offer to our valued former members, when you reactivate your membership by December 28, your investment in fitness is guaranteed. (See details below.) You have absolutely nothing to lose, so act now.
You're going to love what our latest equipment will do for you.
We've updated our clubs with the best brand-name equipment and exciting new group exercise classes to make your workout even more rewarding.
* (list 3-5 one-sentence bullet points)
Add it all up and you'll see that Doe Total Fitness does more than ever to help you get the results you want.
It couldn't be easier to reactivate your membership.
This offer is only available to a select group of former members, so choose one of these four easy ways to reactivate your membership and take advantage of your special reactivation offer:
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
We want you to come back and see the changes we've made. And to prove it, we're offering you a 100% money back guarantee. Just visit the club at least twice a month for six months, and if you're not completely satisfied we'll refund your money. It's that easy. On each visit, present your card and/or sign in as required at the front desk. After six months, if you're not happy, simply return your membership card within the following 30-day period to: DOE MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE, 123 Main Street, Springville, Kansas 12345. We will verify that you used the club as agreed and promptly send you a full refund of the amount paid with this offer.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Open with a brief statement about your purpose for writing the letter.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Congratulations! I have just discovered that your 25th wedding anniversary is next month! Have you made travel plans yet?
- I'm sending this urgent letter to remind you that there are only three days left for you to get in on this great offer.
- You have enjoyed the Doe Journal for nearly a year, and now it is time to renew your subscription.
- We still have not received your mail order.
- Now that we have given you some time to think about our offer, may we have your response?
- I wanted to remind you that our special offer ends on the last day of this month.
- This notice is to remind you that you are due for another check-up and cleaning with Doctor Doe.
- If you have not responded to my last letter, it may be too late for you to place an order by mail. But you can still reserve a portrait time if you call 555-5555 and ask for John Doe.
- It's time for spring cleaning again, and we are ready and waiting to shampoo your carpets.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- all too easy to put off acting but
- don't want you to miss this opportunity to
- given you some time to think
- have not yet received your
- haven't heard from you yet
- hope this letter reaches you in time
- in order to reserve your
- just a reminder that
- need to hear from you right away
- only three days left to
- special offer ends on
- still have not received your
- thought you would appreciate this reminder
- time is running out
- time to renew your
- urgent letter to remind you
- want to remind you that
- we are ready and waiting to
- we know you don't want to miss
- you are eligible for
2 Remind the prospective customer of your most recent communication, indicating that you have not received a response.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- As I notified you a few days ago, we have a special clearance sale ending November 31.
- In my last letter, I told you about our introductory offer to first-time buyers. Since I haven't received your response, I felt I should send you more information about our product.
- I have not yet received a reply to my latest letter, so here is another copy of the brochure that came with it. Because I'm offering an unbelievable deal, I wanted to give you every opportunity to respond in case my original correspondence failed to reach you.
- Our representative, John Doe, spoke to you on the phone last month about the new home you are building. He explained the amazing durability and quality of our ceramic bath and kitchen tiles. He reported that you were very interested, but I haven't received your order yet.
- In my previous letter I told you about the savings you could enjoy if you ordered your wood from Doe Lumber.
- At Doe Corporation we are concerned about the safety of every family that installs a private pool. In the notice you received two weeks ago, we informed you of the potential dangers accompanying a back-yard pool, and we offered our pool safety products at a discounted rate to help you and your loved ones avoid these dangers.
- I recently called your main branch to invite you and your associates to celebrate the grand opening of our new location in Springfield. You will be able to view all of our merchandise with a representative from our company to guide you every step of the way. We have not yet received your reply, but we trust you plan to attend.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- a few weeks ago we sent you
- as we stated before
- as I told you in my last letter
- as I have already notified you
- did you read our last letter
- give you every opportunity to respond
- had time to look through our brochure
- have not yet received your reply
- here is some more information about
- in our previous letter we mentioned
- in my last letter I told you about
- in my previous letter I
- in the notice we sent you
- it's been several weeks since you received
- perhaps you need more information before you
- recently contacted your establishment in order to
- the unbeatable offer we extended to you
- to further sweeten our offer we
- we offered you our
- we have not yet received your reply
- we made an offer to you on
3 Mention, if appropriate, services the prospective customer has profited from in the past.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- In the past, you have enjoyed our custom-made desserts at your special functions.
- It has always been a pleasure to work with your employees--they are quick learners. I think the seminar last year was time well spent.
- From Doe Corporation's rate of expansion, I can see that your investment in our services has really paid off. Why not reinvest and increase your success?
- I hope your employees appreciated the gifts you gave them last Christmas.
- We told you that if you were to buy our newer, updated equipment, your production rate would increase significantly, and your cost would decrease. I am happy that you were able to prove our point!
- I was pleased to hear that your family loves the washer and dryer you purchased from Doe Appliances. You know you can expect the same quality from our other products, as well.
- We have always worked around your budget constraints.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- appreciated our mutual commitment to excellence
- can expect the same quality from our other
- continue to use only the best
- delivered the savings we promised
- difference our services have made to your
- enjoyed the benefits of your subscription
- enjoyed working with you
- expressed great satisfaction with our
- has always been a pleasure to work with you
- have worked around your budget limits
- helped you stay up-to-date in
- keep up your tradition of using only the best
- met or exceeded your specifications
- pleased to hear of your success with our
- positive results from using our
- products worked so well for you
- working with you in the past
- you have enjoyed our
- your positive comments about our
- your previous investments in our services
4 Entice the customer with a special offer.
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- Buy a VCR at any Doe Electronics Store before July 15, and you will receive a free video of your choice as a bonus.
- When you buy merchandise totaling $100 or more this week, we will take an additional 10% off the cost of your purchase.
- Order today with no money down and no payments until March 1!
- Call now and receive your first subscription for half price.
- Reserve your copy now, and it will be on your doorstep by August 31.
- Come in to see our new showcase anytime before August 31 and enter a raffle to win a new jeep!
- You automatically qualify to win the Doe PC Sweepstakes when you buy any of our software packages!
- Save five dollars when you buy any book or cassette in this catalog!
- We deliver overnight--FREE!
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- an incredibly low introductory price of
- at a fraction of the cost of
- bring in this letter for a free
- buy now and we'll throw in a
- call now for your free
- come in this week and be eligible for
- discover savings of up to
- don't miss this special offer
- every item is offered at a discount
- extremely pleased to be able to offer you
- if you order now your upgrade will be
- just call for a sample of our new
- no extra charge for express delivery
- no money down and no payments till
- offer limited to our preferred customers
- our prices have never been so low
- overnight delivery is free
- reserve your copy now
- send no money now
- special offers in the current catalog
- take advantage of this special offer
- will give you an additional discount of
- are offering a year of free
- with your order you will receive
5 Stress the urgency of an immediate response.
Sample Sentences for Step 5
- We don't want you to miss this spectacular opportunity to save your family money this summer!
- Don't forget, you must reply within two weeks to take advantage of this generous offer.
- Do not delay your order. We can't hold this sale forever!
- This is your last chance to order our CDs at this price.
- Hurry in! A sale like this may never happen again.
- We do not foresee ever being able to offer these low prices again in the future, so take advantage of them now!
- Reserve big savings for tomorrow today!
- Mail in your order immediately. We don't want you to miss a single issue.
- We look forward to your immediate response.
- I cannot make this kind of sacrifice for every customer, and this is a limited offer. So, please hurry in to make your purchase.
- This offer expires at midnight, May 20. I can make no exceptions.
- This offer is only good through March 19.
Sample Phrases for Step 5
- can't hold these prices forever
- do not delay your
- don't miss a single
- don't miss this spectacular
- don't miss this opportunity to
- if you respond right away
- if you order now we can offer
- last chance to order at these prices
- limited time offer
- mail in your order immediately
- mail the enclosed card today
- must reply within
- offer is only good through
- order today to take advantage of this
- our sale ends on
- prices may never be repeated
- take advantage of this now
- this offer ends on
- this offer is good while supplies last
- we need to hear from you right away
- when they're gone, they're gone