Accept an Invitation to Join an Organization • Example Letters, Guides and Samples
Since the reader has complimented you by asking you to join an organization, your letter should be equally complimentary. Keep the tone positive. Make your acceptance wholehearted.
How to write this invitation letter:
- Express your gratitude for the invitation and your desire to join.
- Express your high regard for the organization.
- Express willingness to be an exemplary member.
Example Letter #1
I am pleased to accept your invitation to join the Springfield Raven Lodge. I have always respected the work the lodge does and the principles it stands for. I know it has a rich tradition of service and support for cultural activities.
As a member I will do my best to continue this great tradition. I look forward to a rewarding association with the members. Thank you for this expression of confidence.
Example Letter #2
I am honored to accept the invitation to join your prestigious association. Over that past few years, I have admired the contributions your group has made to our community and feel that my own professional desires and goals are similar to those of your organization.
Thank you for the recognition. I look forward to meeting with you in person at the next meeting on January 4 at 8:00 p.m.
Example Letter #3
I gratefully accept your invitation to join the Doe Historic Players' Guild. I have long coveted an opportunity to share a stage with Guild members and to educate as we entertain. I shall certainly strive to be an active and inspirational member of this exceptional troupe.
Example Letter #4
I accept your gracious invitation to join the Springfield MileMarkers Motorcycle Club. Having heard many tales about the rides and adventures of various MileMarkers, I deem it a great privilege to be counted among their ranks. I am willing accept the responsibilities of membership in this club, including opening my garage to other members and tendering membership dues in pizza when required.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express your gratitude for the invitation and your desire to join.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- It is with gratitude that I accept your kind invitation to join the Doe Fraternity.
- I am delighted to accept your invitation to join the Doe Association.
- I am pleased to accept your invitation to join Doe Associates.
- I am happy to accept your invitation to join the Doe Singing Troupe.
- I am pleased and honored to be invited to join the International Brotherhood of Doe.
- I am flattered that you have asked me to join the Doe Group and accept the honor.
- I am honored to accept your invitation to join the Doe Sorority.
- I appreciate your letter of November 15, inviting me to join the Doe Honor Society.
- I was pleased to receive your letter inviting me to join the Doe Orchestra and wholeheartedly accept.
- Thank you for inviting me to join the Doe Stock Buyers Group.
- I consider it an honor to be invited to join the Doe Honor fraternity.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- accept with gratitude
- am delighted to accept
- am happy to accept
- am flattered that you
- am pleased and honored
- am honored to accept
- are pleased to accept
- consider it an honor to
- express my appreciation of
- inviting me to join
- thank you for
- to join the
- have invited me to
- want you to know that
- was pleased to receive
- you have asked me to
- your flattering letter of
- your kind invitation
- your invitation to
2 Express your high regard for the organization.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- I have always admired the aims and ideals of your organization
- I have heard much about the good you accomplish.
- It will be an honor to be associated with the members.
- I have long hoped to one day be a member of the honor society.
- Everyone is aware of the great contributions that your group has made to the community.
- I have heard nothing but praise about the mutual support and fellowship that exists in the fraternity.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- difference you have made
- effect on the community
- feel honored to become a part of
- feel a great deal of respect for
- good you accomplish
- have long admired
- have always admired
- have heard much about
- have considerable regard for
- have aspired to
- have nothing but admiration for
- heard nothing but praise for
- ideals of
- is held in very high esteem
- laudable goals of
- positive contributions to
- the aims of
- to be a member of
- to be associated with
- valuable contributions to
- well-known contributions
- will be an honor to
3 Express willingness to be an exemplary member.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- I am willing to commit myself to the goals of the club.
- I will strive to merit the confidence that you are placing in me.
- I look forward to working closely with the other members.
- I will be happy to carry my share of the responsibilities.
- I am eager to get involved in the cultural activities.
- I feel I can make a good contribution in the service projects.
- I welcome the opportunity to serve in any capacity.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- am more than willing to
- am looking forward to
- am eager to get involved
- commit myself to
- make a contribution to
- merit the confidence of
- of the other members
- of the nominating committee
- that you have placed in me
- to pull my weight
- to do my best to
- to be affiliated with
- to associate myself with
- to carry my share of
- welcome the opportunity to
- will strive to
- will endeavor to
- will make a point of
- work toward the goals of
- working closely with