Thank Those Who Helped In the Fundraising Campaign • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
This letter, like all thank-you letters, is very important and should not be overlooked. Make your letter sincere, and reiterate the benefits that will come because of the money that was raised.
How to write this fundraising letter:
- Thank all those who helped in the fundraising campaign. Be as specific as you can.
- Indicate how much money was raised, and reiterate the purpose for which the money will be used.
- Restate the benefits (tangible or intangible) that those who participated will receive for taking part in the fundraising campaign.
- If appropriate, express your desire that you might be able to count on their aid in the future.
- Thank the person once again for his/her important role in making the fundraiser a success.
Example Letter #1
We are very excited to say that this year's fundraising campaign was an overwhelming success. The public response to fundraising materials distributed by volunteers in every corner of this city resulted in (Amount of Dollars), enough money to finance the construction of a much-needed new shelter and food kitchen in the (Name of Neighborhood) neighborhood. Such success would've been unthinkable without your and the other volunteers' participation, and so we are writing to express our deep gratitude for your commitment and vision. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for helping to heal the wounds of our city.
Example Letter #2
Thank you so much for all the time and effort you contributed to our fundraising drive. Because of your hard work and the generosity of our donors, Ghana's rural schoolchildren are going to have books to read next year.
We raised more than $6,000 in cash, as well as receiving boxes full of books. We are still sorting through the books and are delighted with the wonderful variety that has been donated. We know you will be thrilled to hear that the Doe Book Company has offered to pay our shipping costs to Ghana, so all the money we have raised will go towards outfitting their local libraries.
Our local Pizza Island donated coupons for a free giant pizza with two toppings, and you will find one of these coupons enclosed. Please enjoy the pizza--you deserve it.
Thanks again. We could not have done this without you.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Thank all those who helped in the fundraising campaign. Be as specific as you can.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- I hope you realize how truly important you are to our work. Thank you for the items you donated to our auction.
- I just wanted to write and thank your company for providing the publicity for our fundraiser. Because of your contribution, we had a wonderful turnout!
- Thank you, Julie, for taking part in our annual telethon.
- We truly appreciate your help in organizing the other volunteers and making sure that everything was ready for the charity dinner. We could not have pulled it off without you!
- Friends, I want to thank all of you for helping us in our fundraising campaign.
- We want to express to all of you how much we truly appreciate your hard work.
- Thanks to all of you for helping to make our fundraiser a success by making sure that all of the solicitation letters got sent out on time.
- I want to personally thank you for your tireless efforts in our fundraising campaign. You truly went beyond the call of duty!
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- very grateful to all of you
- thank you for your participation
- very much appreciate
- express our appreciation to all those
- thank those who made it possible
- you played a crucial role
- hope you know that we truly
- want to express to you
- truly thankful for the hard work
- know you have contributed
- want to convey our heartfelt thanks
- truly appreciate the sacrifice that
- truly indebted to all of you for the
- wish to thank each and every
- truly appreciative of the work
- once again, thank you so much
- please accept our sincere thanks
- please know how much we value
- take this final opportunity to
- hope you realize how very important
- want to express to you
- hope you understand the critical
2 Indicate how much money was raised, and reiterate the purpose for which the money will be used.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- We're happy to announce that we raised even more money than we had hoped for! And all $126,000 will go to the various food banks in our state.
- I just wanted to let you know that, because of the efforts of people like you, we raised over $10,000! All of which has been donated to the local chapter of the Gift of Life Foundation.
- Through our fund drive, we were able to more than double our estimated contributions--with your help, we brought in close to $25,000! Last week I sent a check for $24,784 to the president of the conservatory.
- Though we didn't quite hit our goal, we came very close. I'm happy to say that the $1,300 we raised will help us provide continued care for abused and abandoned animals in our area.
- With the funds that were raised (more than $5,000!) we were able to send books and other school supplies to more than 3,000 students.
- Our latest fundraising efforts brought in more than $55,000--and all of that money will go directly to fighting as-of-yet incurable diseases.
- On Tuesday, I personally delivered a check for $2,000 to our local women's shelter.
- Our local chapter was able to raise more than $20,000, which will allow all of our youth to attend this summer's leadership seminar.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- your efforts allowed us to
- with your help we raised
- because of you, we were able
- your contributions allowed us to
- we were able to raise more than
- brought in more than double
- able to bring in almost
- beat our total number of contributions
- increased our overall donations by
- almost tripled the number of
- contributed close to
- we will be able to purchase the
- will allow us to refurbish
- money will be used to aid
- help to find a cure for
- change the lives of more than
- bring smiles to the faces of so many
- provide housing for those who
- bring food to the tables of
- promote world peace
- money will be donated to
- all proceeds will go to
3 Restate the benefits (tangible or intangible) that those who participated will receive for taking part in the fundraising campaign.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- Don't forget, we're having a recognition dinner in your honor, so make sure you've marked your calendar.
- I hope you feel the same joy and excitement that I have, knowing that we helped to save a child's life.
- Enclosed are your tickets to a performance of your choice. Please accept them with our sincere thanks for your hard work.
- To show our appreciation for all your help, we're giving you a year's subscription--absolutely free!--to our monthly magazine.
- But I know the greatest gift of all is the knowledge we have that we made a difference in the lives of the youth in our community.
- As we promised, we've enclosed a $20 gift certificate, good at any of the five restaurants listed below.
- In addition, to show our gratitude, we're going to include your name in our next quarterly newsletter as one of our champion volunteers.
- Most important, I hope, is the feeling you have knowing that you helped to bring about a modern-day miracle.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- as a token of our appreciation
- to show our thanks,
- hope you feel, as I do
- know you'll feel
- hope you've experienced the joy
- please enjoy your complimentary
- will include your name in our next newsletter
- receive a free year's subscription to
- enjoy dinner on us with your gift certificate to
- experience the joy of
- made a difference in the lives
- know that you played an important part
- please accept these free tickets
- understand that you helped to
- express our appreciation by
- free admission to any of our
4 If appropriate, express your desire that you might be able to count on their aid in the future.
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- We truly appreciated your help, Jane, and hope you will feel a desire to assist us again next year.
- There is so much more than we can do in our community (with your help, of course!), and I hope you will work with us again.
- We look forward to working again with you in the future.
- Can we count on you to help us in our future fundraising endeavors?
- We will definitely keep you informed of our activities, and hope that you will want to assist us in the future.
- We are very grateful for our many volunteers and all they do, and we hope you will give us your continued support.
- We will let you know of our next fundraising event, because we expect that you will want to be involved once again in this worthwhile cause.
- Without the support of people like you, our program could never be a success. I hope we can count on your support in the future.
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- hope that we will be able
- can we count on you
- hope that you will want to
- look forward to working with you
- want to contribute in the future
- participate in the future
- take part the next time that we
- be a contributor in our next
- take part in our next
- hope you'll keep us in mind
- the next time that we
- make a decision to
- count on you to
- expect that you will want
- hope you will feel compelled
- so much more that we can accomplish
- great work ahead of us
- need the continued support of people like you
- count on the special contribution that you
- without you we would not
5 Thank the person once again for his/her important role in making the fundraiser a success.
Sample Sentences for Step 5
- Thank you once again for your help in this work.
- We truly appreciate your help in making our fundraiser a success. Thank you!
- Again, may we convey our most sincere thanks for all of your efforts?
- Thank you once again for providing the publicity for our event. You made it a great success.
- John, please accept our heartfelt thanks!
- We express our sincere gratitude for your time and effort on this project.
- Thanks so much for coordinating the efforts of all the other volunteers and for successfully overseeing a momentous event.
Sample Phrases for Step 5
- again, thank you for all
- truly appreciate your help
- thankful for the time and effort
- grateful for all the help
- very appreciative of the work
- couldn't have done it
- once again, we want to thank you
- convey our deep appreciation
- express our heartfelt thanks
- express our gratitude
- tell all of you thank you
- thank you for making this a success
- accept our deepest thanks
- wish to give our warmest thanks
- thanks for making it possible
- want to tell you how much
- as we said before,