Congratulate a Friend or Associate on Getting a New Job • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
Use this is a letter to recognize a friend's or associate's success in getting a new job, and to extend your warm wishes for success. If you are writing to a new employee, see Welcome Letters.
How to write this congratulation letter:
- Express your congratulations.
- Acknowledge such things as the effort, dedication, energy, or sacrifice necessary for he achievement.
- Express hope for future successes.
Example Letter #1
I just heard the news about your new job. Congratulations! I know that getting that first position after college is often very difficult, and I commend you for the resourcefulness you showed in your search. With your background in computers and your artistic talent, you will make a fine contribution to Doe Graphics. Best wishes for success and keep in touch.
Example Letter #2
I am sure Doe Corporation is thrilled to have you as their new secretary. Congratulations! With your corporate experience and rich background in personnel, you will be a great asset to them. I trust they recognize how fortunate they are to get you. Good luck and give me an update once you get settled.
Example Letter #3
We heard from your brother that you accepted the manager-trainee position at the Doe Corporation. We were all thrilled to hear the news. You were one of the best assistant managers we have ever had, and we were sorry to see you go when the company restructured the department. I don't think we have ever had such a hard worker with your creativity and leadership skills. Doe is getting a first-rate manager-trainee. Best of luck to you in this new opportunity.
Example Letter #4
Congratulation on your new job! I was delighted to hear that you had landed the position. This comes as no surprise, of course, to any of us who are acquainted with your work. Doe Corporation will soon discover how lucky they are to have you.
Please accept my best wishes for your continued success.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Express your congratulations.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- John told me that Doe Corporation has recruited you as an area manager, and I wanted to be among the first to congratulate you.
- Congratulations, and best of luck in your new job.
- Way to go! It is a real coup for you to get a job with Doe Corporation right out of school.
- Congratulations on your new job as assistant manager.
- I understand congratulations are in order. I just heard that you landed a job with Doe Corporation, one of the best companies in the business.
- Doe Corporation certainly knew what they were doing when they recruited you.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a good move forward
- a highly respected company
- am so happy for you
- best wishes for
- came as no surprise
- can imagine how proud
- congratulations are in order
- congratulations on
- delighted to hear
- don't know how lucky they are
- extend my congratulations
- have certainly earned this
- here's to a great start
- is known for
- know that this experience will be
- landed a job with
- long string of successes
- on your new job
- on your new position
2 Acknowledge such things as the effort, dedication, energy, or sacrifice necessary for he achievement.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- I was sorry to hear that you had been laid off in the recent wave of cuts at Doe Computers, because I know how much energy and effort you put into your work. Consequently, I was thrilled to hear that you had taken a better position with Doe Corporation.
- I know that you landed the job with Doe Corp because you put a lot of effort and energy into your work. Luck had nothing to do with it.
- You are the best engineer I know, and Doe Corporation was lucky to find you.
- Good things always come to those who work hard, and I know how much effort and energy you put into your job.
- I know you will excel in your new position because I have seen you in action.
- I am glad you refused to settle for anything but the best.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- after the layoffs
- are one of the finest
- as far as I can tell
- deserved to land the job
- good things always come to those
- had the necessary leadership skills
- hard work has paid off
- have seen you in action
- have undoubtedly paid off
- have the ability to
- have both the knowledge and the skills to
- in your new position
- knew what they were doing
- know how much effort and energy
- luck had nothing to do with
- was lucky to find you
- will be an asset to
- will be glad they found you
- with your gift for
- worked hard for this
- you put into your work
- your willingness to
- your professionalism will
3 Express hope for future successes.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- I hope this marks the start of a very rewarding career for you with this company.
- I know you will do well in all of your endeavors.
- I wish you the best of luck in your work at Doe Corporation.
- May things go well for you at Doe.
- Keep up the good work, and let me know about your successes there.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- a long string of successes
- a most rewarding career
- all of your endeavors
- all you ever wanted and worked for
- am sure you will
- as you move up the professional ladder
- best of luck with
- best wishes for
- for your success
- good luck in your new job
- growth and success
- here's to your continued
- here's to a great
- hope this marks the start of
- in your work at
- is just the first of
- keep up the good work
- know you will be successful
- the same success in
- will do well at
- will go far
- wish you good luck