Example Letter #1
It was good to make your acquaintance last week. We look forward to meeting with you again on Monday, January 3, at 9:00 a.m. to discuss the terms of our licensing agreement. We will meet in John Doe's office at 1600 Main Street.
Until then, please call Jane, our administrative assistant, at 555-5555 if you need more information. We are optimistic about what we can accomplish together.
Example Letter #2
As I mentioned at our lunch meeting, we plan to hold a meeting in January for anyone interested in employment at Doe International. It will be at 11:00 a.m. on January 5, in the auditorium of Building Q on the Springfield Campus. Representatives from each hiring division will be present to answer questions. Please bring an updated resume and a list of references. We look forward to seeing you there.
Example Letter #3
I am writing to confirm my appointment with you made over the phone the other day. We agreed meet in your office on May 6, at 9:30 p.m. Please complete the fact finder I have enclosed so that our meeting will be productive. If you have any question regarding our appointment or the fact finder, please call me.
I look forward to meeting you.
Example Letter #4
Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to meet with me next Monday, May 12. Any advice you can give me as I make decisions about my career will be very helpful. I will meet you at 10:00 a.m. in your office. Please contact me at 555-5555, if we need to change the time.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Refer to your last contact with your reader, if appropriate.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Thank you for making time in your schedule to meet with me on Monday.
- Remember our discussion last week about how fantastic it would be to arrange for you and me to take Jane out to dinner and pitch our book idea? Well, she was in our office today, and I proposed that we do exactly that, and she agreed! Below are the details of our dinner reservations:
- On Friday, November 14 we discussed on the phone the possibility of meeting to go over the Doe Project.
- I enjoyed speaking with you this morning about the Doe Contract, and I look forward to our meeting on Monday.
- As is usual for this time of year, we need to schedule your performance review interview with John Doe, our office performance evaluator.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- as we discussed
- as we agreed
- confirm our arrangement
- confirm our appointment
- enjoyed our discussion about
- enjoyed speaking with you
- have been giving some thought to your
- glad you can join us at
- if your schedule permits
- look forward to
- taking time out of your busy schedule to
- meeting will take place on
- our discussion about
- proposed that we
- thank you for agreeing to
- the date and time for our
- to our meeting on
- to iron out the details
- to follow up on
- to our interview on
- to meet with me on
- took the liberty of
- wish to confirm
2 Confirm that the meeting or appointment will take place, and review any pertinent details (time, place, etc.), as necessary.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- As we agreed yesterday, I will meet you in the front of the coffee shop at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
- We will hold next week's brown bag meeting in Jane Doe's office, rather than in the conference room.
- We have organized the meeting, and I want to remind you that you are invited. I am sure everyone here at the firm would like to hear your opinion on this project. John is especially interested in your marketing plan. Below are the details of the meeting:
- time: 4:00 p.m., Monday, July 24
- place: the Green Room in the Doe Suites
- I have written in my daily planner that our interview will be at 4:00 p.m. on July 24, in your office on 1600 Main Street. Please correct me if this schedule is wrong.
- Remember our meeting on July 24, 2019, at 3:00 p.m.
- I want to confirm our appointment that we scheduled for Monday. As you requested, I will be at your office at noon with a copy of the proposal. John and Jane Doe will also attend.
- Your interview is scheduled for Friday, October 23, 2019, from 1:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- as you requested
- as we agreed
- confirm our revised deadline
- confirming our appointment on
- draft of the agenda
- eager to discuss
- enclosed is a summary of
- have organized a meeting for
- have arranged for Mr. Doe to attend
- interview is scheduled for
- is scheduled for
- is planning to attend
- let me know if
- look forward to
- our interview will be at
- prior to the meeting
- to confirm our meeting scheduled on
- to continuing our discussion on
- to seeing you again
- to confirm the arrangements for
- to exploring the subject at greater length
- trust this time will be convenient for you
- unless I hear from you
- want to make sure that
- want to remind you that
- will be able to attend
- will be at your office at
- will be prepared to
- will also attend
- will be very interested in
- will be attending our
3 Add any other special information, if necessary, and end with a pleasant comment.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- Please let me know if this will work for you. If we don't move now, I don't think we will get the chance to talk to her again. Best wishes.
- Please let me know right away if you will be unable to attend. I hope to see you there.
- I am looking forward to meeting you, and am eager to discuss my proposal.
- John asked me to remind everyone that staff meetings will be held in the south conference room until the remodeling in the Gold Room has been completed. Apparently, there was some confusion last week.
- Please let me know as soon as possible whether you will make it to the meeting. My number is 555-5555. I hope for Jane's sake that you can make it.
- I plan to take a closer look at the demo program you have prepared. I will have my laptop handy, so please bring a disk.
- I trust this time is convenient for you. If not, please call me so we can reschedule the meeting.
- By the way, it's your turn on the "bring the food" rotation. John said pizza would be nice.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- am looking forward to
- be ready to comment on
- come prepared to
- eager to discuss your
- enclosed is a summary of
- for being so flexible
- for your willingness to
- hearing your views on
- hope that you can make it
- hope to see you there
- if necessary, we will reschedule
- if you have any questions about
- if you would like to add anything
- if you will be unable to attend
- let me know
- plan to take a closer look at
- please remember to bring
- please call me
- please bring a
- thank you for
- to remind everyone that
- to meeting with you
- whether you will attend
- will be focusing