Grant an Appointment • Example Letters, Guides and Samples
When granting an appointment, get straight to the point. Unless circumstances dictate otherwise, there is no need to go into much detail.
How to write this appointment letter:
- Tell the reader that you are willing to meet with him or her. State the date, time, and place of the appointment.
- Provide the reader with any information necessary to prepare for the appointment.
- Close on a positive note.
Example Letter #1
I will be happy to meet with you on Monday, June 17, at 4:00 p.m. Please enter the building through the side door from the parking lot and go to the third floor where the secretary will direct you to my office.
Example Letter #2
We will be happy to meet with your group to discuss your concerns about the County's new waste disposal station. We can accommodate up to 20 of your members in the executive board room, third floor, 1600 Main Street, at 9:00 a.m. on October 15. If the date and time are satisfactory, please contact my administrative assistant, John Doe, no later than October 10, so the necessary arrangements can be made.
Example Letter #3
I will be pleased to meet with you to discuss your transfer to my department. I can see you at 11:00 on Wednesday, June 14, in my office. If you cannot make this appointment, please telephone my secretary to make other arrangements. Please bring whatever materials you think would best acquaint me with your work. I am looking forward to meeting you.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Tell the reader that you are willing to meet with him or her. State the date, time, and place of the appointment.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- We will be happy to meet with you on Tuesday at noon. Please come to the conference room on the second floor of Building D. The receptionist will give you a visitor's tag.
- We will be happy to discuss your grant application with you. Can you meet with us on December 3, at 1:30 p.m.?
- Tuesday sounds like a great time to discuss the hardware we need to purchase. Would 3:00 p.m. in my office be a good time?
- I would like to meet with you on September 14, at 2:00 p.m. My office is located at 235 East Main Street.
- Our purchasing manager, Jane Doe, has agreed to meet with you on Thursday, March 12, at 3:00 p.m. She will be at the Springfield Hotel.
- We can meet with you on Monday, October 13, at 11:00 a.m. Please meet us in the executive board room.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- am looking forward to
- can you meet with us on
- can meet with you on Friday
- has agreed to
- have scheduled an appointment for
- how about meeting me at
- it would be our pleasure to
- my office is located at
- please meet me at
- please call to confirm
- the address is
- this will confirm your appointment
- to discuss your
- to meet with you
- to our meeting on
- to discuss the plans for
- to have you join us at
- to get together with you
- will be glad to
- will be happy to
- will be delighted to
- will meet in the
- would like to discuss
2 Provide the reader with any information necessary to prepare for the appointment.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- The president is eager to hear your proposal for international marketing. Please bring the video presentation that you showed in Springfield.
- We would like you to give a 30-minute presentation to our advanced students on your latest research.
- Please have your new designs ready for the meeting.
- We would appreciate seeing your preliminary research.
- Be prepared to review your department's goals for next quarter.
- I ask that you write down your concerns and bring them to our appointment.
- We would like to see several samples of your work when we meet with you.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- am eager to hear about
- be sure to bring
- be prepared to
- be ready to
- bring along your
- can expect to
- please come a few minutes early
- the appointment will last approximately one hour
- the meeting should end by
- to answer questions about
- will be expected to
- will be presenting
- will also be present
- will expect you to
- will be discussing
- would also like to meet with you
- would be pleased to
- would like to hear about
- would like to see
- would appreciate your bringing
3 Close on a positive note.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- I look forward to meeting with you.
- Please confirm this time with Ms. Doe, our department secretary. We hope to hear from you soon.
- I hope to see you then.
- We look forward to meeting you and learning more about your project.
- Unless I hear from you beforehand, we will meet as planned.
- Our group is eager to get acquainted with you.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- am sure that
- am confident that
- am eager to
- are looking forward to
- for your interest in
- hope to hear from you soon
- hope to see you then
- look forward to
- please confirm this appointment with
- thank you for
- that this will prove beneficial
- to your presentation
- to finally meeting you
- to getting better acquainted with you
- to learning more about
- to meeting you
- to a pleasant and informative discussion
- unless I hear from you
- will plan on