Example Letter #1
We will follow the schedule below for the Thanksgiving holiday. Please take note. An X indicates you are working during that period (For this example, create a row of Thanksgiving holiday dates, a column of employee names, and mark an X in the cell when the employee should work).
Example Letter #2
Here is the schedule for the upcoming holidays:
November 11, Veterans Days - closed
November 28, Thanksgiving - closed
November 29, Day After Thanksgiving - l/2 crew
December 24, Christmas Eve - closed at noon
December 25, Christmas - closed
December 31, New Years Eve - l/2 crew
January 1, New Years - closed
Please sign up in the office to work either November 29 or December 31.
Example Letter #3
Below is the tentative work schedule for December 24 through January 2. I have tried to anticipate the number of staff we will need each day; however, be aware that this schedule is subject to change. If you have questions regarding the schedule, or if it causes a serious problem for you, please let me know as soon as possible, so I can make the necessary adjustments. We appreciate your contributions at this busy time of the year and wish all of you a happy holiday season.
Example Letter #4
We have now drafted the work schedule for the Christmas holiday season. We have tried to accommodate requests made in advance for certain days off and have attempted to make the schedule as fair as possible. Anyone who wishes to make a change in his or her schedule is responsible for finding a replacement and getting approval from a supervisor.
We hope this schedule will adequately cover our staffing needs while allowing our employees as much time as possible to spend with their families. We appreciate your support and cooperation in this matter.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Choose the best way to present the information so employees can understand it without reading a lot of text.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- We will follow the schedule below for the holiday season. An X indicates a work day. Please mark your calendars (For this example, create a row of holiday dates, a column of employee names, and mark an X in the cell when the employee should work).
- Monday: John Doe, Jane Doe
Tuesday: John Doe, Robert Jones
Wednesday: Eric Doe, Jane Doe, Robert Jones
Thursday: Robert Jones, Jane Doe
Friday: Jane Doe
- The following will be paid holidays for all employees this year:
- New Year's day January 1
Martin Luther King's Birthday January 16
Presidents' Day February 20
Memorial Day May 29
Fourth of July July 4
Labor Day September 4
Columbus Day October 9
Thanksgiving November 23
Day after Thanksgiving November 24
Christmas Eve December 24
Christmas Day December 25
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- be sure to
- following will be paid holidays
- holiday work schedule
- make a note of the following dates
- mark your calendars
- please check the schedule to
- schedule of paid holidays
- will follow the schedule below
2 Add any additional comments deemed appropriate or needful.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Any changes to this schedule must be coordinated with John Doe.
- We feel that this schedule should give us adequate coverage during the holidays.
- If you are unable to meet this schedule, you are responsible to find your own replacement.
- In addition, each employee is eligible for two personal holidays to be taken at his or her discretion. These days are in addition to regular vacation time, but you must take them in this calendar year.
- We are fortunate to have a liberal holiday and vacation policy.
- In some cases it is possible to work on a holiday at time-and-a-half, and take off another day. If you would like to arrange your time off that way, please coordinate it with your supervisor.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- cannot compensate for absenteeism
- coordinate changes with
- each work as few holidays as possible
- final schedule will be posted
- made the schedule as fair as possible
- may work on an extra holiday in exchange for
- may volunteer to work extra holidays
- minimal staffing on holidays
- must be arranged well in advance
- not yet determined
- paid time-and-a-half on holidays
- possible to exchange holiday time for
- preliminary schedule subject to adjustment
- rely on you to be on the job on
- responsible for finding a replacement
- should give us adequate coverage
- unable to meet this schedule
- will make adjustments wherever possible
- wish to make a change, please speak to