Example Letter #1
Please note that all company offices will be closed December 24 to 27. We will reopen Monday, December 29, and close again for December 31 and January 1. We wish you all the warmest of holiday cheer!
Example Letter #2
Please note that Monday, February 19, is President's Day. The store will be closed all day and will open again at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday. We hope you will enjoy the holiday with your family and friends. For those of you who plan to go skiing, please come back safely.
Example Letter #3
So that we can all spend valuable time with our families, this Thanksgiving and the following Friday will be paid holidays for all employees. Enjoy the long weekend!
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Clearly explain the purpose and the dates of the holiday.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- All company offices will be closed for the New Year's holiday at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 31, and will remain closed until Monday, January 4. Warmest holiday wishes to you all!
- The fourth of July is on Sunday this year, so we will take our day off on Monday, July 5. Have a great weekend!
- Congratulations! We exceeded our sales goals for this past year, so a celebration is in order! Each of you will receive a paid holiday on July 24. I understand that personnel are planning a picnic in the park for interested persons.
- July 24 will be the paid holiday that you earned with your superb sales promotion. Congratulations on a job well done!
- So families can be together at this special time, John Doe has decided that we will close at 3:00 p.m. on December 23, and that we will be closed all day on December 24. Merry Christmas!
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a bonus holiday on
- a paid holiday for all
- all company offices will be closed on
- all branches will close at
- because it is necessary for
- enjoy the long weekend
- for our retail division to work on
- in order to celebrate our
- in celebration of
- offices will reopen on
- this is a paid holiday for all
- to give you time with your loved ones during
- warmest holiday greetings
- wish you a happy holiday season
- have arranged a special
- will take our day off on
- will be the paid holiday promised as a
- will be a paid holiday for
- will be closing all our offices on
- have earned this time off