Write a Letter In a Job Search
Dr. Mel Luthy, Chief Editor
Sample Letter #1
While currently searching for a challenging opportunity working as a (Name of Position), I have been researching for information about the strongest (Name of Industry) companies in the region. Your organization is by far the most fascinating and attractive group.
I am writing today, therefore, to express my excitement about the purpose and practice of (Name of Company) and my sincere interest to learn of employment opportunities for which I might apply. As the enclosed resume demonstrates, my experiences and abilities make me highly compatible with the culture and direction of your company, and so I would greatly appreciate being notified about any suitable opportunities.
If you have any questions, of if you would like to discuss further the talents I could offer, I would warmly welcome the opportunity to speak with you in person or over the phone. Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Sample Letter #2
I am interested in a position as a technical writer and editor for Doe Electronics. I hope my enclosed resume will be of interest to you.
I graduated from Doe University in 2005 with a major in English and a minor in Electrical Engineering, an admittedly unlikely combination. Still, it has served me well. I have been able to bridge the communications gap between technicians and the general public, not only in writing readable manuals, but also in writing successful advertising copy. I hope to hear from you after you have had a chance to review my resume.
Sample Letter #3
Although you may have a fully staffed sales force at Doe Pharmaceuticals, I believe that my background will interest you. After completing an undergraduate degree in chemistry at Springfield University, I worked in the lab at Springfield Hospital, having frequent contact with staff physicians. Later I worked for Johnson Pharmaceuticals in Research and Development, which gave me a solid background in drug interaction and chemical composition.
In addition, my position as President of the Springfield Chamber of Commerce has allowed me to use my leadership and sales abilities. Please take a careful look at my resume. I know I could be an asset to your company. Call me at 555-5555, if you would like to know more.
Sample Letter #4
I am interested in being considered for a position in sales and marketing management. Your recent partnership with Doe Corporation brings unlimited opportunities for the new millennium. I would like to help you capitalize on those opportunities by effectively leading a sales force to increase your revenues. As a seasoned sales professional with an extensive understanding of the communications and PC markets and a track record of success, I offer you the following:
- Ten years in telecommunications; four years in wireless
- Excellent sales and marketing skills
- Superior oral and written skills
- Refined interpersonal skills
- Public speaking and effective motivational skills for large audiences
- Sales management experience both in the field and at the corporate level
- Technical skills, including PC hardware and software, Internet, and e-mail
- Enthusiasm, loyalty, integrity, motivation, and good judgment
My future is filled with optimism and a sincere desire to prosper. I propose to share my wealth of knowledge and experience as your next sales manager as Doe prepares for explosive growth. I can relocate almost immediately.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I will contact you shortly to discuss this opportunity in greater depth.
Unleash Your Creativity With Letter Recipes
Letter recipes make it easy to write your own letters. Learn step-by-step how experts write perfect letters. Be creative with phrases and sentences for each writing step.
- Cover Letters—Just How Important Are They?
- How to Interview for a Job
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- How to Write a Letter of Interest in a Job Search: 10 Tips
- How to Write Cover Letters
- How to Write the Perfect Cover Letter
- Informational resume
- Resume based on academic employment: the curriculum vita
- Resume based on job skills
- Resume based on job titles
- Resume based on work history
- Resume for a high school student or teenager
- Resume Format
- Resume portfolio for positions requiring artistic skill and experience
- Resume Reference Page
- Resume Tips
- Scannable Resume: 14 Tips
Top Related Searches
Try our Templates Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If you are not completely satisfied we will refund your purchase, so try our software today!
|Easy Letters||3,001 Business
& Sales Letters
|4,001 Business, Sales
& Personal Letters
Windows & Mac
|New Mac OS X 10.6 and Higher
|Windows CD $24.99
||Windows CD $34.99
||Windows CD $39.99