How to Write an Inform Letter
Inform letters can be powerful tools to spread important information. Keeping individuals well informed is vital to your business.
- Be thorough, but concise. Omit irrelevant details and communicate the facts.
- Be courteous.
- For unpleasant news, such as a layoff, write your letter in a direct yet sensitive way.
- Make sure that the information you send is clear and complete so that you are not bombarded with questions later.
- Write your letter in such a way that the reader can get the information quickly and be able to refer to it easily in the future, if necessary.
- Send reminders about meetings and appointments in good time so that the recipient has sufficient time to prepare or fulfill assignments. Send other reminders as the need arises.
- When writing this letter, be sure to communicate exactly what you want. Giving precise instructions or information now may save a great deal of correcting later.