How to Write a Suggestion Letter
- Express your genuine appreciation for the opportunities you now enjoy.
- Refer to past suggestions the reader has accepted and put into practice.
- Thank the reader for his/her willingness to read and consider your ideas.
- Offer your suggestion courteously, without openly criticizing the status quo.
- Stick to the point and just explain the potential benefits of your suggestion.
- Suggest a meeting with the reader to explain your ideas in greater detail.
How to respond to a suggestion letter:
- Express appreciation for the suggestion letter, whether you accept it or not.
- If the writer is a current employee, express appreciation for his or her past efforts.
- Assure the writer you are responsive to the concerns of everyone involved.
- Encourage the writer to submit another suggestion letter in the future.
- Promise to share the idea with your associates and give it full consideration.
- You may express your regret and say that you are unable to make changes now.
Hello, world! This is a toast message.