A letter demonstrates a special effort to express a compliment, and also provides a tangible reminder of the praise. Keep the tone personal and sincere.
1. Mention the reason why you are complimenting or praising the reader.
- Ever since you volunteered to take care of my sister's children while she recuperated from her surgery, I have admired your unselfishness.
- I just want you to know that I think you are doing a terrific job.
- Congratulations on getting funding for the next phase of development. You are becoming something of a legend around here.
- I have learned more from you than from any teacher I have ever had.
- I talked to John Doe yesterday, and he said that you did a superb job of filling in for me.
- I was impressed by the way you handled the Little League team. I had no idea you were a coach.
- am so proud of the way
- congratulations on
- did such a wonderful job
- ever since you
- for your unwavering support during
- have taught me so much about
- have had great admiration for
- have had a profound effect on
- have restored my faith in
- how grateful I have been for
- how much I admire
- how impressed I have been
- knowing that I could count on you
- must congratulate you
- of how much you have meant to
- the superb job you have done
- want you to know
- was delighted to discover
- wonder if you are fully aware of
2. Acknowledge positive personal qualities or special efforts.
- I know that she feels comfortable leaving the children with you because of your caring, patient personality.
- You always manage to meet each deadline with high quality work.
- You definitely have a gift for writing convincing business plans.
- You have a way of explaining things that is easy for me to understand. Not everyone has such a gift.
- You have always put forth extra effort in your assignments. I really appreciate being the one who benefits this time.
- You are able to motivate the young players while staying positive. We truly appreciate that quality in the leaders of our youth.
- always manage to
- can always count on you
- composure and resolve
- concern and sensitivity
- cordial and helpful
- deserve the very best
- gave me the incentive to
- handled it like a pro
- have a gift for
- if it hadn't been for you
- not sure how you managed
- particularly appreciate
- patience and determination
- such a flair
- the way you
- your patience with
- your valuable expertise
- your remarkable selflessness
- your ability to
- your willingness to
- your vision of
- your outstanding talent
3. Convey confidence in the reader or express appreciation.
- I know she appreciates everything you do.
- We are proud to have you on the team.
- You have a great future in this business.
- I am sure others feel the way I do.
- It's great to have a colleague who will help this way.<br />Thank you for your kindness.
- Thanks for being such a great example.
- Thanks for your helpful contributions.
- Thank you for helping me at this difficult time.
- Please accept my sincere gratitude.
- always knew that you
- am confident that
- are proud to
- are a great friend
- are an inspiration to
- can always count on you
- don't know what we would have done
- for being there
- for being such a help
- for helping
- for your kindness
- have a great future
- is much appreciated
- know that you will succeed
- making a great contribution
- my respect and admiration
- please accept
- really appreciate all you've done
- sincere gratitude for
- such a great example
- thanks for everything
- to have you as part of our team
Still can't find the right words for your compliment letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the compliment letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective compliment letter.
- Print your compliment letter and send it!