The conclusion is the last paragraph of an essay. Although often brief in comparison with the other paragraphs, the conclusion performs a number of very significant functions.
When writing a conclusion for your essay, it's helpful to keep these basic considerations in mind:
- Your conclusion is the last paragraph that your reader will encounter.
- Your conclusion should remind your reader about the most important aspects of your essay.
- In most essays, therefore, your conclusion should creatively restate the main idea of the essay.
- Your conclusion should also leave your reader even more interested in your topic and idea.
- For some essays, especially for persuasive or argumentative essays, it's particularly effective to end your conclusion by directly addressing your reader with a question or call for action.
Be sure to spend a good deal of time planning and writing your conclusion. A strong conclusion can resolve and fulfill your essay as a whole and make a real impact on your reader.
Related Essay-Writing Articles
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)