A complimentary letter shows support for the issue at hand and encourages more of the same. Your letter should be direct and sincere, without being self-serving.
1. Tell the reader that you enjoyed or appreciated his or her work.
- I read your recent article about unemployment in our community and sincerely appreciated its message.
- Your article on business expansion in our area was very enlightening.
- I just finished reading your book Doe's Ways and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it.
- I compliment you on the way you handled that difficult interview with John Doe.
- Thank you for the update on white collar crime. It was a sobering report.
- I appreciate your covering the Doe merger in your recent telecasts.
- I commend you for your excellent report on the homeless in our city.
- add my praise to
- admired the way you dealt with
- appreciate your coverage
- are to be commended for
- commend you for
- congratulate you on
- excellent series of
- for the update on
- have long admired your
- how disturbed I was
- how much I enjoyed
- just finished reading
- read your recent
- sincerely appreciated the message
- such an outstanding
- want you to know
- was a first-rate
- was most enlightening
2. State specifically what you liked about the reader's work.
- The article clearly showed each side of the issue and raised many questions that most voters have not considered.
- The report was well documented, so no one can claim that it was just one person's opinion.
- The timing for the article was perfect, and your arguments were compelling.
- Your piece was very revealing. I had never heard the issue presented in that light.
- Your topics are always interesting and educational. We have especially enjoyed the nature programs. Our entire family sits down each Monday evening to watch them.
- clear, incisive analysis of
- clearly showed both sides
- complete and accurate
- easy to understand
- excellent background information
- expertly researched and written
- explained so clearly
- helped me to see more clearly
- intelligent and articulate
- most refreshing
- raised some important questions
- seeing different points of view
- seem to have a gift for
- such a clear depiction of
- such a concise explanation
- the skill with which you
- this vitally important topic
- was well documented
- was most thought-provoking
- will surely be of great value
3. Close by thanking the writer for his or her work.
- Thank you for making me aware of such an important issue.
- I appreciate your insights.
- Thank you for adding local interest stories to the evening news.
- I am grateful that we have such a strong voice in the media, someone who does not hesitate to speak her mind on the importance of the family.
- Reports like yours help support the efforts of small businesses like mine. Thank you.
- Thank you for your weekly column. I look forward to it every Sunday.
- You deserve thanks for your commitment to bringing the public such vital information.
- am grateful for
- best wishes for
- for a job well done
- for speaking your mind
- for having the courage
- for making me aware
- for your insights
- hope you will continue to
- how much I appreciate
- keep up the good work
- keeping us informed
- look forward to
- raising public awareness
- seeing more of your work
- thank you for
- your skill and effort
- your professional approach
- your further success
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)