A speaker at a seminar, symposium, conference, meeting, or convention deserves your special compliments and praise if you benefited from his or her efforts. The speaker may wonder how the audience received the speech. A brief, sincere note with positive feedback will always be appreciated.
1. Tell the speaker that you enjoyed his or her speech.
- I enjoyed the lecture you gave at Doe University last Tuesday.
- I appreciated the speech you gave yesterday.
- I want to compliment you on your speech. It was very relevant to our current debates on funding local education.
- I am very grateful you took the time out of your busy schedule to address our small group.
- You gave a terrific presentation at this year's Doe symposium.
- We were all pleased with your topic for Saturday's lecture.
- Your comments the other evening were exactly what I needed to hear.
- Your discussion-group presentation was the highlight of the conference.
- a most valuable addition to
- am glad that I attended your
- appreciate the time you gave
- express my appreciation for
- feel fortunate to have
- how much I appreciated
- the highlight of
- thoroughly enjoyed the
- want to compliment you on
- want you to know
- was a great success
- was a pleasure to listen to
- was most stimulating
- was one of the finest
- were enthralled by
- were so impressed with
- were very pleased with
- wish to express my appreciation for
- your fascinating presentation on
- your presentation was
- your insightful presentation
2. Mention specifically what you liked about the speech or presentation and, if appropriate, explain how you have personally benefited from the speech.
- It was the best lecture of the year. You were witty and very informative.
- You maintained remarkable poise in the face of a potentially hostile audience.
- As usual, your speech brought new insights from current research. Your talks always motivate our staff to stick with their work.
- Your presentation drew the audience in and held their attention for two full hours. There was never a dull moment.
- I was glad you reserved a few minutes to field questions. Your answers were very insightful.
- It was a pleasure to hear your humorous stories.
- Your remarks triggered new ideas that will benefit our corporation for years to come.
- You helped kindle a renewed enthusiasm for my profession.
- I plan to implement some of your ideas with my own clientele.
- You gave me a new sense of pride in my career.
- We have already begun to implement some of your suggestions and are confident they will improve our manufacturing process.
- Since we have just purchased a new home, your remarks about personal money management were especially helpful.
- After listening to your report on the situation in Third World countries, I knew I had chosen the right course of study.
- both the style and the substance of your
- both witty and informative
- brought new insights
- came alive for me
- clear, factual analysis
- delightfully entertaining
- gave rise to ongoing discussion
- gave me a new sense of
- have already taken steps to
- heartily agree with you that
- hit the nail on the head
- imaginative presentation of
- intelligent, well thought-out solutions to
- particularly appreciated your
- plan to implement your
- put some of your ideas into practice
- rekindled an enthusiasm for
- triggered new ideas
- used humor to make your point
- valuable information you gave
- were especially helpful
- will certainly help me in
- your in-depth knowledge of
- your original approach to
3. Conclude by thanking the speaker.
- Thank you for your helpful comments.
- Thank you for your enlightening speech.
- I appreciated your lecture and felt as if you were speaking directly to me.
- Please accept our thanks for a great presentation
- Thank you for speaking to us this week.
- We thank you for your stimulating speech.
- accept our thanks for
- am grateful for
- best wishes for
- for an outstanding
- for all the
- for your time and effort
- for adding so much to our
- for speaking at our
- giving us such a worthwhile
- hope you will be able to
- it was our privilege to
- look forward to
- on behalf of
- particularly appreciated your
- such an excellent
- thank you once again for
- thank you for
- will be sure to
- wish you continued success
- your most helpful
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)